Energy costs are the largest operating expense for schools after salaries and benefits, and in recent years those costs have increasingly strained budgets. The good news is that energy is one of the few expenses that can be decreased without negatively affecting classroom instruction. With the cost to maintain and improve educational facilities increasing, schools need to invest in retrofits and ongoing maintenance to assert control over their utility costs.
Benefits of deep energy retrofits include:
- Upgrading HVAC systems reduces air pollutants and improves air quality
- New high performance technologies allow campuses to reduce their carbon footprint.
- New efficient HVAC, controls and lighting can bring a 30% to 50% reduction in energy use for more energy efficient schools, in turn reducing operating costs by up to 15%.
- Upgrading outdated systems through a deep energy retrofit improves building’s health & safety and enhances the school’s appeal to prospective students.
RENEW’s full-service, turnkey solution enables campuses to realize immediate savings and make facility improvements without the need for upfront capital or capital budget requests, and without adding debt to the balance sheet.
Additionally, RENEW provides expertise in energy efficiency, project management, implementation and funding to support your facilities’ team. Projects include lighting, HVAC, water conservation, on-site clean energy, electrical equipment, energy storage systems, and more.
Our process to deliver you savings:
- Assess building, identify needed improvements, estimate annual energy savings, and develop an Energy Service Agreement (ESA).
- Complete improvements quickly through energy service partners.
- We own, monitor, maintain, and optimize equipment to ensure energy savings are met.